So it’s been almost a year since my last entry! And you know what, ever since I did that one I’ve had this idea that I should make bi-weekly journals, but I just never got around to do it. So now I’m committing to it, beginning this sunday I will begin writing entries related to design and art. I might not be the best and brightest there is, but what I can share I'd love to share!
I don’t know exactly what I’m going to cover yet, I have a multitude of subjects to pick from, ranging from drawing specific advice to general thoughts about motivation and productivity. I think I might even throw in a few book reviews, or list links and resources I like, and why in some entry. I have already gotten questions and requests while streaming and on forums, but I’d love to get as much feedback and questions as possible. So here’s a list on things that I already have in mind:
- What is a study, and how doe one plan and execute effective studies?
- Thinking on paper, or how to use a sketchbook
- Motivation 101
- Digital vs Traditional mediums
- Thoughts about designing video game content
- Thoughts about sculpting
- Stylisation vs Fundamentals
- Geeky stuff
- Specialisation vs broad skill sets
- The importance of giving feedback
- Something relating to character design
- Dinosaurs (or, My Collection of Dinosaur Toy Models)
…well, that’s just from the top of my head. I hope to get some feedback, either about brand new subjects to add to the list, or specific questions that could be discussed in any of the topics, or if you like dinosaurs we can talk about that too. Anything goes really. And even if I get no feedback you can still expect a journal on sunday.
R e s i s t a n c e i s f u t i l e